Note: We are aware that the COVID-19 pandemic may affect 2020 Summer Programs. In the event that we are not able to run an event, all payments will be refunded in full.
Curling is a unique sport that requires both skill and strategy. It is often referred to as chess on ice. It is a lifelong sport that can be learned at any age. Whether playing in a fun league or in a competitive ladder the emphasis is always on sportsmanship and fair play. Being a social sport by nature, it is not uncommon for teams to socialize off the ice where lasting friendships are often made.
Please read carefully for some important changes to OCC's 2020 Summer League
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are modifying this season's Summer League.
- Due to a number of large event cancellations in August, we are reducing the number of weeks that Summer League plays, from 7 weeks to 4 weeks
- Registered teams will be given the option to receive a prorated refund for the 3 weeks missed or a full refund.
- All Youth Leagues are cancelled. Youth teams will be issued a full refund.
- Youth teams who are 18+ are eligible for any of our adult leagues
- We are adding a Triples League on Mondays at 6:00pm. This league is recreational in nature and rules will be based on Curling Canada's Triples Format, with some modifications (https://www.curling.ca/files/2020/06/Triples-Curling-Canada-EN.pdf).
- This is an excellent opportunity to try curling with only one sweeper.
- A variety of COVID-19 safety protocols will be in place for the duration of Summer League. Depending on the reopening phase the province is in at the start of Summer League, these protocols may include:
- Following the Curling Canadas Returning to Play Guidelines
- Restricted access to lounge, bar and locker room
- Modified game start times (i.e. 15 mins delayed start on every other sheet)
- Social distancing markers and signage around the club and on the ice
- Disinfectant dispensers and hand sanitizer stations around the club and in the rink
- An enhanced waiver and declaration of good health
- Enhanced check-in procedures
- Increased and enhanced cleaning and disinfecting procedures
Registration for the 2020 Summer League is OPEN!
Summer and Curling unite at the Oakville Curling Club once again this August!
Draws run Monday - Thursday evenings for 4 weeks starting August 31st, 2020.
Summer on Ice - 2020
The Oakville Curling Club hosts Youth Curling Day Camps every year in August for kids between the ages of 7 – 16. This camp is designed for all levels of skill and experience, from absolute beginners to experienced U-18 athletes.
- Camp 1: Monday August 17 to Friday August 21, 2020
- Camp 2: Monday August 24 to Friday August 28, 2020
- Monday - Thursday: 9:00am-4:00pm
- Friday: 9:00am-3:00pm
- Before and after camp care available!
Friday, October 1 to Sunday,October 3, 2021.
You are invited to attend the Oakville International Curlers' Gathering at the Oakville Curling Club in Oakville, Ontario, Canada.
The entry fee of $600 Cdn per team, includes 6 games and a party / banquet on Saturday evening.
The Oakville Curling Club, in partnership with the Town of Oakville and Visit Oakville, are proud to play host to the 2021 Continental Cup! The world's best curlers from Canada and Europe will battle it out at the Sixteen Mile Sports Complex in four days of intense competition.
Read the full release below. Watch the full official announcement by clicking here. Stay tuned for ticket details and volunteer opportunities!
The Oakville Curling Club is committed to the development and continued growth of the fantastic sport of Curling... and we want to teach you how to play!
For the 2019/20 Season, we have prepared a series of Learn to Curl (L2C) programs to get you into the swing of this great Canadian sport.
You do not need to be a member of OCC to participate.
Fall in love with Curling at our house this winter! Space is limited, register today!