Registration for the 2020/2021 curling season has opened!
We understand there remains a great deal of uncertainty regarding the curling season and what the sport may look like when we are able to reopen. We are proceeding with an unmodified registration format, but we may, at the direction of public health officials, see changes to the way the game is played or our leagues are run in order to remain in compliance with prevailing physical distancing guidelines. We will keep you apprised as these changes develop and how those changes might affect your season.
For now, we are asking that returning members submit a provisional registration for the 2020/2021 season by July 31st so that the club might know where we stand in terms of membership numbers and league participation.
At this time, payment for the new curling season is optional. You are welcome to pay your fees at the end of the registration process, as usual, but you are also welcome to hold off on paying your fees if you would like to know more about the upcoming season, or if your financial or health situation requires you to wait to make a decision to play. For clarity, here are the dates you should note:
- Friday, July 31 - Returning member registration deadline
- This is the deadline to guarantee your spot as a returning member or team in the league(s) that you played in last season
- This is NOT the deadline to pay your membership fees
- After this date, league directors and convenors may start to fill their leagues with new members
- Tuesday, September 15 - Deadline to pay membership fees
- Thursday, October 1 - Deadline to withdraw your membership without penalty or request a full refund of your membership fees per the club's Refund Policy
It's also important to note a change in the club's fee structure. Starting this season, the Additional League Fee will be charged for everyone additional league a member plays after their first. This includes Weekday Members and members who play more than 3 leagues, both of whom were not assessed this fee in the past. Click here for complete details on the club's membership fees.
If you have any questions about registration, don't hesitate to reach out to the Board of Directors or the club office.