- Recreational Teen
- Little Rocks
RECREATIONAL TEEN Curling Program
The program is for young people aged 12-20 as of June 30.
Each session starts promptly at 12pm and runs until 2pm, most Sundays. Please give yourself and your teen at least 15 minutes beforehand to change and socialize, with the same time allowance post session.
New to Curling?
All Curling specific equipment is provided.
- Protect and carry-in a pair of clean, rubber-soled shoes.
- Wear or bring stretchy, comfortable, layers suitable for 1.5 hours of play in a 4°C (degrees Celsius) arena.
- Non-slip gloves or mitts
- CSA approved helmet
Each session will balance Curling specific and general life skills instruction, with individual and team applications. Fair play, responsibility, having fun, leadership, problem-solving and effective communication are examples that our participants can take away from the program and use immediately, at home, in school, and for all future endeavors.
Regardless of Curling knowledge or experience, all parents, guardians, and caregivers are encouraged to participate in program supervision and coaching! Experienced volunteer instructors, will offer all participants - teens and parents alike - guidance over the course of the Curling season. This exemplifies the dynamic and supportive culture of our sport and this program.
We do hope, that you and your dependent(s) choose CURLING as one of your many weekly and lifelong physical activities.
Little Rock Curling – Get the Scoop!
Welcome to Little Rock Curling at the Oakville Curling Club!
The Little Rock curling program runs most Sunday afternoons from 1:30 – 3:30. The program is divided into an instructional session and game each week. During the instructional period, little rocks work on skills development and building knowledge of the game. During the game portion, little rocks are assigned to a team where they have the opportunity to practice game situations.
Little Rockers need to arrive at the club on Sundays no later than 1:15 pm to allow time to change shoes and prepare to be ready for the program to start at 1:30 pm.
Participants will need:
- Carry in CLEAN and rubber-soled shoes (not worn to the rink - this is mandatory)
- All curlers are required to wear regular rubber-soled running shoes (no slider or tape) or curling shoes with 2 grippers while not throwing stones
- Curling shoes are not required
- Step-on-sliders are available for use by the curlers at the club
- Loose fitting, comfortable and warm clothing (no jeans!)
- Non-slip gloves or mitts
- HELMETS ARE MANDATORY. All participants are required to wear a properly fitted and secured (as per the direction of the manufacturer) helmet certified by the (Canadian Standards Association) in the curling rink.
- other forms of headgear is not sufficient - we are following the recommendations supported by the National Canadian Curling governing body (Curling Canada)
- please click HERE to view our Club policy
Regardless of knowledge or curling experience, all parents and guardians are encouraged to participate in program supervision and coaching! An introductory coaching clinic will be held at the beginning of the season and experienced instructors will offer all participants – juniors and parents alike – guidance over the course of the curling season.
For more information contact the club 905-844-6982 or the Little Rock convenors.
2018-19 Youth Schedule:
|October:||14th (1st day - welcome!), 21st & 28th|
|November:||4th, 11th, 18th, 25th|
|December:||2nd, 9th, 16th (no Curling 23rd & 30th)|
|January:||6th, 13th, 20th (no Curling 27th)|
|February:||3rd, 10th, 24th (no Curling 17th)|
3rd, 17th, 24th* (no Curling 10th)
*Last Day - Thank you for the season!
Order Youth Jacket
Order your Youth Jacket.
Jackets can also be ordered after this date but will arrive in January.