Cool down on a hot summer day! The Oakville Curling Club is one of the few clubs in Ontario to offer summertime curling.
Click on a tab for details
- Summer League
- Youth Curling Camp
- Hot Shots Adult Curling Camp - Oct 1-3
- Cameron's OCT Fall Classic
Registration for 2021 Summer League is OPEN!
**NEW REGISTRATION PROCESS** - All players must create an OCC web account and register/pay individually.
In light of some recent good news about vaccination progress in the province, we are opening Summer League registration in order to determine whether there is enough demand to reopen in August. The Club will assess the possibility of reopening for Summer League based on public health guidelines, vaccination progress, and reopening progress in the province. At a minimum, we require the following to reopen:
- The Province must be in Step 3 of reopening and allow for indoor recreational activities
- Minimum 50-person indoor gathering limit
- There must be significant progress on the 2nd dose rollout
- All leagues must be 80% full by July 1st
- Restrictions on international travel must be significantly reduced or eliminated in order to allow for other parallel club activities to occur
At this time, we are not taking payments for Summer League registrations. Your registration will act as a placeholder and notice of intent to participate in Summer League if and/or when the Board makes the decision to open the Club. Please review the possible restrictions below to determine your comfort level with playing. These are the restrictions that we expect will be in place for Summer League. If you are uncomfortable playing under any of these restrictions, please hold off on registering until we can confirm how exactly the season will look.
- Masks may be mandatory, regardless of your vaccination status. Not all participants will have the opportunity to be fully vaccinated (i.e. 2 doses) by the time we start curling, so for the health of others, all participants will be required to wear a mask at all times while in the Club. Failure to comply will result in the team’s immediate removal from Summer League without refund.
- We are currently operating under the assumption that the gathering limit for indoor facilities will be no higher than 50 people. As such, games will be subject to a strict time limit of 2 hours so that we can create gaps between draws. Players will be required to vacate the Club within 15 minutes after their game in order to allow for players on the next draw to enter the Club without any overlap between groups.
- Because games will be subject to a strict time limit, there will be no cash payouts as some games may be cut short of the full 8 ends. If you previously played in a competitive, cash league, you will see a decrease in fees because of this change.
- We expect that the bar will be closed, but are working on solutions for you to gather at local restaurants and pubs to enjoy some post-game socializing, should public health restrictions allow for that.
Registration for the 2021 Summer League is open!Read More
Summer on Ice - 2020
The Oakville Curling Club hosts Youth Curling Day Camps every year in August for kids between the ages of 7 – 16. This camp is designed for all levels of skill and experience, from absolute beginners to experienced U-18 athletes.
- Camp 1: Monday August 17 to Friday August 21, 2020
- Camp 2: Monday August 24 to Friday August 28, 2020
- Monday - Thursday: 9:00am-4:00pm
- Friday: 9:00am-3:00pm
- Before and after camp care available!
The HOT SHOTS Curling Camp has been proud to call the Oakville Curling Club our Canadian home for the past 15 years. The Club has worked closely with Hot Shots to stage more than 20 camps over our history at our facility.
The camp draws curlers from across the United States, Ontario and Quebec to our beautiful facility. This is an adult camp, open to individuals, couples, and teams.Read More