- Membership at the Oakville Curling Club (OCC) is for the full season from October to April. Membership provides eligibility for league play, to spare with other teams/leagues, to participate in in-house bonspiels (for a fee if applicable) and access to practice ice as available. OCC membership is intended for the full season with full benefits, rather than participating in one game or for only part of the season.
- If a member cannot play in the curling season for any reason and withdraws before October 1st, a full refund will be provided including OCA and prize fees, building levies, new member fees, locker fee and applicable taxes.
- From October 1st to January 1st, if a member is not able to play the balance of the season for medical reasons, membership and locker fees will be refunded at 50% plus HST. Membership fees include the base fee plus any applicable extra league fee. There will not be any refund issued for the OCA or prize fees, building levy or new member fee.
- After January 1st there will not be any refunds issued for any reasons.
- If a Little Rock or Teen Recreational member does not wish to play in the curling season for any reason and withdraws by the end of 3 weeks of play, a full refund will be provided including all fees and taxes.
- Once a member has received a refund, he/she will no longer be deemed as a member of the Oakville Curling Club. As such, they will no longer be eligible to spare in leagues, participate in in-house bonspiels or practice and must surrender their parking permit.
- The refund of membership is for the balance of the season and is not for a partial portion of the season. It is hoped that the member will be well enough to return the following year for the full season.
- The member should apply to the office in writing about a refund request before March 31st of any given year. A completed membership refund form must be submitted.
- All member refund requests will be reviewed by the executive committee for approval.
- Any member refund requests received before March 31st, if approved, will be refunded in cash/credit card.
- Any member refund requests received after March 31st, if approved, will be provided as a credit for the future year’s membership.